NBA Top Five Players:
1. Lebron James: Obviously Lebron is the best player in the NBA, look at the stats, He averages 27 points a game (4th in the League), 8 rebounds a game, and for someone who is one of the best scorers in the game he does a fair share of moving the ball around with 7 assists a game. Not to mention he is 8th in double, doubles, 10th in steals, and 7th in field goal percentage. Obviously Lebron James is the #1 in the NBA today.
2. Kevin Durant: KD is an extremely talented player, and one best elite scorers in the game. He is second in the league in points per game averaging 28 points. Like Lebron he has the strength and “ups” to rise over defenders to throw down a dunk. He may not get many assists per game averaging only 5 assists per game, but makes up for it with his elite shooting, 8 rebounds a game, and he is in the top 25 in blocks per game (1.28 BPG). Its safe to say Kevin Durant is the 2nd best player in the NBA.
3. Chris Paul: CP3 is amongst the best passers in NBA history. He averages a double double, with 17 points per game, and about 10 assists per game. Due to his height disadvantage, he is only able to grab about 3 or 4 rebounds a game. Fortunately he has DeAndre Jordan, and Blake Griffin to feed some sweet alley-oop slams to. To add on to his long line of great stats he is also leading the league in steals per game with 2 steals a game. Chris Paul also won the 2013 NBA All-Star MVP award with 20 points, and 15 assists. Its clear Chris Paul is the 3rd best NBA player.
4. Russell Westbrook: Westbrook is an explosive, elite scoring, great passing point guard. Which is why he is at #4. Russell averages 23 points a game, and 8 assists per game. He is one of the strongest point guards in the leauge, able to rise over taller defenders and throw down a monster dunk even though he is only 6’3”. He is also one of the quickest guards in the league and can fly by you in a second, and is great on the fast break. There aren’t many other point guards who can play as well as Westbrook can consistently, which is why Russell Westbrook is ranked #4.
5. Kobe Bryant: The Black Mamba is one of the best players ever to play in the NBA. Kobe Bryant is the 3rd best scorer in the league currently with 27 points per game. This year was a harder year for Kobe because he had to adjust to not being the only scoring option on the team, now that Dwight Howard, and Steve Nash are members of the Lakers. I’m not saying 6 assists per game is particularly good but its much better than his previous years. Kobe also gets about 6 rebounds a game which isn’t bad for a 6’6” guard. Even though Kobe Bryant is 34 and is considered one of the “old guys” in the NBA he can still consistently put up high 20’s in points it proves he belongs at #5.